Friday, March 14, 2008

In Memory

Grandma suggested that i write a little something about my dad. So, while I think of something to write, I thought you all might enjoy a poem I wrote for him. A few weeks ago, my language class started the poetry unit. This is one of the poems I have written.

In Memory

His memory is all I have
There to comfort me.
In times of sorrow
Tears well up
Fall like rain.
In dreams
His voice calls
A deep bass sound
Images while I sleep
So clear, I swear he is there.
His stature so bony
From his battle with Cancer.
He was so good to me
Like a best friend
My life, my inspiration
Came from this one man.
No one can replace
The place in my heart
Big as a melon
Reserved only for him.
Now all I have is my memory
Of my always beloved dad

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I love you poem. I think we all miss him very much.

Liz said...

It touches my heart that you remember him with such warmth and love.